Getting a handle on Twitter
- Craft your profile
- Find people to follow
- Start tweeting
- Engage with others
- TweetDeck – *Excellent tool for following large numbers of people and managing more than one Twitter account
- FollowerWonk – useful for determining best times to tweet. Go to: Analyze followers tab and type in your twitter handle, then click on ‘analyze their followers’. The results are amazing!
- Buffer – for scheduling tweets, and gives statistics
- Tweepi – great for information and statistics on the followers of people
- Hashtagify me – search hashtags, determine popularity etc.
* Thanks to Ashley Faulkes for the suggestions http://madlemmings.com/
- Twitter.edu – David Truss, has a great anatomy of a tweet
- Twitter for Beginners in Education – Becky Krill
- What fuels a Tweet’s engagement?
- Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Tweets?
- Is it tweet-worthy? – Kathleen Smeaton & Kate Davis, VALA presentation 2014
- What’s YOUR Twitter Formula?
- Be Better at Twitter: The Definitive, Data-Driven Guide