‘Strategic Social Media: Making Online Networks Work for You’ is a new one-day training workshop. The course is for librarians who interested in enhancing their social media presence and building their online professional profile. These web pages provide the support material for the course. An abridged version of this course is included in the one day workshop ‘Re-skilling for Research Support‘.
Areas covered in the workshop:
- Why social media?
- Managing your online profile – good principles, hazards to avoid
- Expanding your networks: which tools?
- Getting a handle on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Efficiency tools – managing the increased flow of information
- Using social media to connect with colleagues and clients
- Managing your online professional profile
Please note this workshop can be customised for in-house training for librarians and for researchers. Please contact me if interested in training for your organisation.