Research impact landscape
In addition to traditional bibliometrics, many other factors can be included to demonstrate the impact of research in the community.
- Why you need an ORCID
- Researcher ID
- My Citations – create via a Google account and Google Scholar
- Authorship Guidelines (Harvard)
Alternative Metrics (Altmetrics)
Altmetrics captures public engagement with research. It can include social media mentions, downloads, views, blogging.
- Riding the crest of the altmetrics wave: How librarians can help prepare faculty for the next generation of research impact metrics
- BULLETIN of the ASSOCIATION for Information Science and Technology – Special issue on Altmetrics: What, Why and Where?
- Altmetrics as indicators of public impact – Pat Loria (presentation, 2013)
- The new metrics cannot be ignored – we need to implement centralised impact management systems to understand what these numbers mean – Pat Loria (LSE blog post, 2013)
- Impact Beyond Metrics – Pat Loria (presentation, 2013)
Research impact tools