Supporting the Publication Process
- Where to publish – factors to consider include relevance, quality, discoverability and accessibility.
- Using Bibliometric Tools – traditional measures of impact: journal level, article level and personal measures
- Measuring Research Impact – researchers telling their story with a range of measures
- Predatory publishers – be wary of spam emails from book and journal publishers
- Open Access publishing – a rapidly changing landscape
- Publishing trends
- UNSW Research Impact Guide
- Getting Published (Uni of Melb guide)
- Impact of Social Sciences: Maximizing the impact of academic research
– This website from the London School of Economics is an excellent resource for researchers and librarians. It includes regular blog posts covering research impact measures, open access and using social media to disseminate research findings.
- Publishing your Research 101