Participating in social networks is becoming a key way for researchers to share their research findings and collaborate with others – ie increasing their research impact. Librarians need to be familiar with the tools, and can enhance their own impact with clients and peers by participating.
- Why social media?
- New ways of disseminating research findings
- Social media tools
- Academic social networks
- New guides for researchers – (Altmetric 2016) in particular see the guide: Tips and tricks for promoting your research
- Planning your online engagement strategy? Don’t go it alone. Well-chosen partnerships can maximise reach and impact
- How to Curate Your Digital Identity as an Academic
- Online collaboration: Scientists and the social network
- Social media: A guide for researchers (RIN UK 2011)
- The 7 Biggest, Counterintuitive Social Media Mistakes You May be Making
- Using Twitter in university research, teaching and impact activities