Managing the increased flow of information through use of tools and apps.
Apps and tools for efficiency
- NetVibes – managing feeds from blogs, news, journals
- Pinterest – not to be ignored any longer?
- Delicious – online bookmarking with a social element, not reliable these days
- TweetDeck columns
- TweetDeck pro tips – including creating Custom Timelines which are now called Collections (e.g. create a best-ofTweet list for a conference)
- Buffer – for scheduling tweets, and gives statistics
- Hootsuite – Manage your social media
- Ambassador of Social: Consultant Chris Dack Empowers His Clients for Social Success
- 25 Most Popular Apps Used By Librarians
- Apps for Academics: mobile web sites & apps – MIT guide
- iPad apps for Academics – Vic Uni guide
- 7 Time-Saving iPad Tips For Teachers
- What’s Pinterest?
- The Power of Pinterest Group Boards and Why You Can’t Ignore Them
- 17 Pinterest Tips for Social Media Success
- Three views on using Evernote to improve personal productivity and transform academic knowledge mobilization